Wednesday 16 March 2016

Wallet Card Wednesday - 10

I've been watching a lot of other bloggers posting about beer recently, and as much as I enjoy beer and expect to have a Guinness or two tomorrow, I thought that I would post a different picture with my wallet card.


These are just a few bottles that were sitting outside of my liquor cabinet. I probably have another four or five bottles in the cabinet at various stages of consumption. The unopened bottles are just waiting for an occasion to open them, or some time when I feel like opening one.

The 18 year old Glenlivet is one of my favorites, and one that a couple of my friends that don't really like scotch actually like. This is just my latest bottle to enjoy.

The Cardhu was a gift from a friend. It has been years since I've had Cardhu but I always enjoyed it many years ago before the distillery stopped producing it as a single malt for a while.

After talking with an uncle I found out that Glen Ord used to be our family scotch. I guess the first distillers were MacLennans working for the MacKenzies of Ord. I used to buy bottles of it (and had a few regular hangouts buy it for their bar) but eventually the distiller stopped selling it in bottles and started using it in blended scotches. A friend found that James MacArthur selection of Glen Ord for me a couple of years ago. It is being saved for a good occasion.

The bottle of Drumguish was brought back for me by a friend visiting the Maritimes where he said it was pretty inexpensive. I hadn't tried it before and was happy to give it a try.

From drink to food
Nate's Deli has been around Ottawa since 1959. This location just opened a year or so ago, and is right behind the building that I work in. Very dangerous having such good smoked meat that close by. So tasty.

And on to music
Yesterday at lunch I went into a nearby store and "Stray Cat Strut" was playing. The young cashier was singing along and I made sure to make a comment to her about the great music. She laughed and said that she loved the Stray Cats. I asked her if she had heard the Brian Setzer Orchestra version of "Rock This Town". She hadn't. So last night I dug out this CD to listen to it, and then brought it to her store to lend it to her today. It had been a while since I had listened to the CD, and I forgot how much I enjoyed it. I foresee that it will spend a while in the car being played after I get it back.

1 comment: