Wednesday 9 March 2016

Wallet Card Wednesday - 9

I've been complaining for weeks about the great weather that I've been experiencing, so my wallet card will show what today's seven-day forecast is showing.

Hush, those of you in the South. I'm thrilled with this above freezing temperature!
Yes! Perhaps this is the start of Spring! (Yeah, I know, I shouldn't say anything like this or I'll wind up seeing another big dump of snow.)

I don't know how Matt is doing after going to his Dropkick Murphys concert, if he was in a mosh pit, and how his hearing is doing today...  (Okay, just looked at his comments to his blog post and it sounds like it was loud and he didn't do the mosh pit.)  ...but yesterday I took it a bit easier than he did, and I'm sure my show ended earlier and my ears are probably in a bit better shape than his.

"One singular sensation, every little step she takes..."
I've always enjoyed musicals, and had seen the movie version of "A Chorus Line", but until last night had not seen a stage performance of the show. A friend had an extra ticket and gave me a call to see if I wanted to go. Sure!

Another good production put on by Orpheus. As one might expect from the show, there was some amazing dancing - something that I don't think I would be able to do.

In today's last photo I thought that I would show off a piece of art that I have hanging in my office.

Alpha Flight, Volume 4, Issue 1, Page 17
Pencils: Dale Eaglesham; Inker: Andrew Hennessy
I own a handful of pages of original comic art but only have two hanging in my office at work.

Wait, why would I have any comic art at work?

Well, if you look at the art you can see the Alpha Flight jet flying over the Ottawa River to land in a hanger underneath the Centre Block of the Canadian Parliament Buildings.

Shortly after I started working in the Centre Block many years ago, I went looking to try to find Department H's secret HQ. I couldn't find it. Then when I saw this issue of Alpha Flight I knew that I would like to get some comic art that showed my workplace. I was then lucky enough to be able to buy two pages of art from Dale Eaglesham at the Ottawa Comiccon a couple of years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment