Tuesday 20 September 2016

Déjà vu - Browns QB injury

Didn't I just post this last week?


I finished one of last weeks posts with the comment that I hoped that Josh McCown stayed healthy. On Sunday, he went down with an injury to his non-throwing shoulder. He stayed in the game but will out for the foreseeable future.


This leaves the Cleveland Browns with their 5th starting quarterback in their last five regular season games.


Welcome Cody Kessler!


2016 Panini Certified - Certified Potential Mirror Signatures - #CPS-CK



It appears that Cody Kessler will become #26 on the list of Cleveland Browns starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm not going to say that I'm surprised by that, but I am surprised that it will happen so soon.


In any case, I picked up the above card on Friday in British Columbia after flying there for an uncle's funeral. I found a great card store and picked up some cards there for me and others. After telling the owner how much I liked his store, he told me that he would be closing his storefront at the end of October and continuing on as an online store through eBay and COMC. I'm glad he's continuing on, but I hate to see another storefront go. I like finding stores when I travel.


Here are some of the other cards that I picked up.


Top (l-r): 2016 Panini Classics #210 ; 2016 Panini Prestige #238
Bottom: 2016 Panini Origins - Rookie Jumbo Jersey Blue #RJJ-CC (#/49)
It was nice to see Corey Coleman have his first 100 yard receiving day, with 2 touchdowns, on Sunday. Hopefully that is a sign of production to come. It was nice picking up these cards, including my first card from the Panini Origins set.


2016 Donruss - Season Stats #74 (#/375)
A parallel of the regular Donruss Ozzie Newsome card that I have.


2014 Panini Immaculate - Trios Jersey Prime #3-QB1 (#/25)
Three rookie QBs from the 2014 draft. Bortles is playing, Bridgewater had a pretty bad training camp injury this year, and Johnny, well, you all know the story.


L-R: 2014 Panini Rookies & Stars - Crusade Purple #12 (#/49); 2014 Panini Contenders - Round Numbers Gold #7 (#/199)
More needed parallels. I like the Crusade cards, but don't know why you need six different colors. This one gives me two different Hadens along with the base Blue insert that I already owned.


Oh, and to finish, what would a day of purchases be without picking up another autographed Vince Mayle card!


2015 Panini Contenders #241



3 comments:

  1. I think it might be time for your team to get a new trainer. Too many injuries to be a fluke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always been a fan of the Crusade cards, they just look so cool. Hopefully Kessler has some luck and no injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be a QB in Cleveland, apparently..

    ReplyDelete