Friday 6 April 2018

Adding a bunch of new Browns autographed cards

A couple of weeks ago, I posted about an autographed Myles Garrett football that I won in a silent auction at a local fundraiser. I also won another auction that night, but that one was on eBay.

I don't know how many of you do as I do, and put small bids on items just so they show up in your eBay Summary, and then increase the bid later if you really want to win the item. I did this for an item that was going to end while I was at the fundraiser on St. Patrick's Day. I meant to top up my bid, but with all the hustle and bustle at the fundraiser, I didn't remember until about ten minutes after the auction ended. I pulled out my phone, expecting to find out that I lost the auction to a bid under what I would have been willing to pay for it. Instead, I found out that I won the auction for $5.03, with $3.45 shipping.

2016 Panini Clear Vision - Clear Vision Signatures #24 (#/50)

I think I would pay that all day for a Hall of Famer's autograph.

The photo is recessed into the card, kind of like a shadow box, with the signature on clear plastic in front of the photo.

I felt guilty about winning the auction so cheaply, so I looked at other auctions that the seller had going. I found a couple more Browns cards that I bid on, and won.

L-R: 2016 Panini Infinity - Rookie Autographs Chrome #200 (#/288); 2014 Leaf Trinity #DI-IC1 (#/15)

I guess the seller must be happy that these cards sold, but combined they sold for just less than the Newsome. Oh, well.

Of course neither of these players will be with the Browns next year, with Kessler being traded to Jacksonville, and Crowell signing as a free agent with the Jets. I wish both of them well with their careers.

I'm not sure exactly what parallel the Isaiah Crowell Leaf Trinity card is - he isn't even listed as being part of the checklists on the Trading Card Database or Cardboard Connection. I haven't checked Beckett's checklists yet.

Getting one really cheap Ozzie Newsome made me look to see if any there were any other Newsome autograph auctions going on. I found one that I wanted to bid on, won it, and then also won two other cards from the same seller.

2016 Panini National Treasures - All-Decade Signatures Gold #24 (#/25)

This card, with a sticker auto, was quite a bit more than the previous Newsome card, but I was still surprised to get an autographed card of a Hall of Famer numbered out of 25 for less than twenty dollars.

Add in the two cards from the next scan, and I got the three cards for less than the price of a blaster, and the amount with shipping was less than a blaster would be with tax.

Left: 2016 Panini National Treasures - Rookie Signatures Gold #197 (#/49)
Right: 2016 Panini National Treasures - Rookie Materials Signatures #RMS-CK (#/99)

I guess that the Browns bad record the last few years has really helped me find cheap cards.

Of course, while I was looking at these cards on eBay, I was also looking at the cards that other people that had looked at these cards had viewed. One card caught my eye, and then looking at his other auctions, I found a second card to bid on.

Top: 2014 Panini Playbook - Rookies Booklet Signature Platinum #147 (#/49)
Bottom: 2014 Panini Playbook - Rookies Booklet Signature Plays #159 (#/25)

Okay, these must have hurt for the seller. I won the Connor Shaw card after outbidding one other seller. It set me back $4.26. I won the Terrance West card for the minimum bid of $0.99.

I have no clue why nobody else bid on the West card. His name was misspelled in the auction as Terrence West, but the auction title also had "Browns" in it, and you could see the card on the bottom of other auctions. I don't expect that I'll ever win another booklet numbered out of 25 for a dollar.

----------

Outside of all these auctions, I also received an autographed Browns card in a trade with Chris at The Collector blog. Chris has a very interesting series of posts going on as he is doing a sports card tour of cities with pro sports teams. If you haven't already, check his blog out!

2015 Panini Contenders #173

Chris had sent me scans of some Browns and Mets cards that he had for trade, and I knew that I didn't have an autographed Cameron Erving autographed Contenders card so I jumped at this one.

Erving was a first round draft pick in 2015, the second first round pick the Browns had that year. He didn't work out for them and was traded to the Chiefs just before last season began. (In case you are curious, the Browns other first round pick in 2015 was Danny Shelton, who the Browns recently traded to the Patriots.)

The following has nothing to do with Chris, as it is mostly a Tony of Off Hiatus Baseball Cards blog thing, but when I hear Cameron Erving's name, it always makes me think of a song, so I'm going to add a clip of it. And it isn't associated with Cameron Erving.




What can I say? I've always loved novelty songs. Really.

4 comments:

  1. I have some Browns for you, just don't have your address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the only reason that the Newsome autos aren't going for as much as you think they should, is because his name is mentioned very often. He may be a hall of famer, but if people don't hear your name being tossed around on ESPN, they to tend to forget about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some steals there, even if they're lesser-known names. It's nice that Newsome adds the 'HOF 99' to his signature, some of these guys cant be bothered signing their first name.

    Glad I could get the Erving auto to you, and thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on winning that Newsome! That's a super good deal. I've thought about bidding on a few different Clear Vision autographs, because they're so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete